It''s a low-cost, comprehensive screening program that allows you to learn more about your health and what you can do to improve it. It is a quick and easy screening program offering individualized results and recommendations on ways to improve your health. It also has the advantage of immediate referrals to appropriate medical providers.
Why should I have a health screening?
The best way to stay healthy is to understand those factors that affect your health and identify risks early. TAKE CHARGE! offers individuals all these services in one, easy-to-use service at a very low cost.
Does it take a lot of effort on my part?
Not at all. The actual time involved from start to finish is about 30 minutes and involves answering 18 questions, providing a blood sample and breathing into a machine. At the end a medical professional will discuss your results with you.
What information will it tell me?
- Complete lipid profile (cholesterol)
- Glucose measurement (diabetes)
- Pulmonary function measurement (lungs)
- Blood pressure
- Sleep habits
- Body mass index
- Smoking impact
- Physical activity level
How will I receive the information?
You will receive an individualized written report at the end of the screening and a one-on-one counseling session with a medical professional. With your permission a copy of the report will be provided to your doctor. If you don’t have a doctor, we will help you find one and set up an appointment as part of the visit.
What do I do with what I learn?
TAKE CHARGE! of your future health. We can help you with referral to programs that will assist you in meeting whatever health goals you would like to achieve.
- How do I make arrangements to participate in TAKE CHARGE?
- For a personal health screening call 777-8898.
- Watch local newspapers for notices of Community Screening sessions. Sessions are offered frequently throughout Androscoggin County. Please call 777-8898 to find out when the next screening is scheduled.
- Ask your employer to sponsor a screening session at your workplace. For more information, please call 777-8898.
TAKE CHARGE! is a service of the Prevention and Wellness Department at St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center.